Thursday, April 29, 2010

Faith, Learning, and Technology

I finally saw an obvious integration of faith, learning, and technology. It was in biology class. We watched a video about DNA replication and protein synthesis. It was made by a Christian group of scientists, and touched on things like Irreducible Complexity while also teaching us about the science of it all. Irreducible Complexity is the idea that many things are so complex that if one component was removed, it would cease to function. So, there's really no way such a system or object could have come about by change. The complexity is so irreducible that it shows definite signs of intelligent and intentional creation.

It's been hard for me to comprehend the integration of faith, learning, AND technology. I've done faith and learning together, but I'm an environmental studies major-- technology is not necessarily big in my mind as something that can be integrated with my faith and schooling. It was obvious to me that you could integrate learning and technology, but how do you mix faith into all of it? That's the question I will seek to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment