Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Beginning of the End

"It's the end of the world as we know it." The popular song blared through the loudspeakers at the Spring Formal last night. It was a fun time of socializing and dancing after Pan Day, though it was rather an odd change of pace. The song was dedicated to the graduating seniors, and it made me sad. It really is the end of the world as they know it. They're moving out of the dorms for the last time, and the world outside Montreat is like nothing they've yet known.

And it's the end of the world I've become accustomed to, as well.

Summer is almost here, and we all have to leave. Will I be lost without all my friends? I'll have only my family and one or two old friends when I get back home. How will I survive? Will I be lonely? Will I die of boredom? I don't know.

I will always be learning, my faith is always with me, and it's tough to leave technology behind. So I'll be figuring out how to integrate the three all through the summer. Right now, my best example is this blog.

Think about it. First, I had to learn how to work this thingtechnology. Then my first few posts got me thinking about my faith. It was like a prayer journal, really. So I've actually been integrating faith, learning, and technology this whole time, and I didn't even realize it! Technology is a good way to learn, and a good way to express my faith. They really are connected!

No comments:

Post a Comment